Early Childhood Programs
We are pleased to announce the opening of registration for the Winter Club Early Childhood Programs! The Preschool has been a very important part of the Winter Club tradition for over fifty years. We take great pride in offering our community a program that is thoughtfully designed. There are a limited number of non-member spots available. Please call Lindsay Nero, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more details.
Our play-based programs offer children an environment in which they can learn, grow, and thrive. Our philosophy embraces the idea that children learn by doing, focusing on both the emotional and physical growth. Children in the preschool years need time and space in which to develop their uniqueness and abilities. We present opportunities and materials that are fun and interesting for our youngest students, yet challenging and stimulating for our older students. Our goals for the following programs support this philosophy.
Our goals are as follows:
To provide a safe, warm, positive environment in which a child can develop a strong and healthy self-concept.
To provide a social environment in which a child can learn to interact with other children in a positive, caring way.
To develop the ability to observe, explore and problem solve.
To provide many outdoor opportunities for a child to strengthen his or her physical abilities and to help both the brain and body communicate effectively.
To provide a learning environment in which a child can learn basic readiness skills and concepts.
To build on child’s natural curiosity of the living world around them.
To ensure that a child is ready intellectually, socially and emotionally to begin a kindergarten program.
See options below to have your child join us from 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Mixed aged class of 3, 4, and 5 year-olds
- Must be 3 and potty-trained by September 1st
- Project-based learning approach Student-centered learning
- Explore with hands-on activities both indoors and outdoors
- Skating and sledding activities during the winter season
- A great way to get ready for Kindergarten!
- Opportunities to develop pre-reading skills and to investigate number concepts
- Daily lessons to strengthen handwriting and small motor skills
- Individual and small group projects
- Open to all members. Space is limited.
Session II: Jan. 7 - March 13, 2019
Session III: April 1 - May 8, 2019
- For all members ages 3-6 Practice the rules of cooperative play
- Build friendships and demonstrate good sportsmanship
- Gain independence and learn self-help skills
- Daily skating and sledding activities during the winter season
FRIDAY EXTENDED DAY OPTIONS
Seasonal activities will include
- Amazing Athletes
Questions about Early Childhood Programs?
Please contact Jillian Floriani at JFloriani@TheWinterClub.com or by calling 847-457-7239